Did you know that our bodies today are not made up of the same cells they were 30 days ago. If our bodies reinvent themselves, then our minds should be quite capable of doing the same thing, shouldn’t they?
It was the morning I woke up immobile from back pain that I knew things had to change. I had been at a corporate job, at what you would think would be an interesting gig. And it was to a certain extent, the actual job that is, minus the environment. Somehow working at a magazine where people talked to each other in hostile tones and operated at the stress level equivalent to an emergency room seemed utterly normal to me at first.
No matter how unhappy you are, there is always some comfort in what you know. That sense of security washed over me every time I entered my office, sat at my desk and turned on my computer. Morning after morning I was comforted, not only by starting each day in this same way, but in knowing that this was my success, the culmination of my professional career thus far.
It took debilitating muscle spasms in my back to kick me into action. If you pay attention to the universe, it will let you know when something isn't right for you. Are you ignoring the messages?
Monday, July 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment