Monday, October 02, 2006

Quick Meals

Was off fishing (or something like that) for a long weekend, hence the lack of blogging—no computers in the wilderness (at least not yet). Today I'll share a few of my current healthy indulgences. Breakfast: Amy's Tofu Scramble in a Pocket Sandwich. I know, sounds kinda gross, but I promise, it is actually really yummy. As an assignment for school I had to try eating something different every morning for a week; one day it was fruit, another eggs, another tofu eggs and so on and so forth to see how the foods contribute to how I feel during the day (worth trying). That's how I came across this filling meal. It's made with organic tofu, mushrooms and peppers. For lunch, I like other Amy's brand products, like the burritos, which are easy to take to work and fairly inexpensive. Cedarlane (another good brand) has a pizza pocket sandwich that is terrific. It's made with mostly organic ingredients and is very low in fat. Overall, I try to look for foods with natural ingredients, that are low in sugar and high in fiber. Happy eating...

No comments: